Saturday, January 25, 2020

Happy Places

Everyone who knows me knows that Maui is my HAPPY PLACE!  And while we love it there, in 2020 we decided that our Hawaii trip would be to the Big Island.  Since we'd never been there before we thought that we should branch out a bit and see something new.

I admit that during the first few days, we spent a lot of time comparing things to what we were used to on Maui.

On our first excursion we could even see Maui.
That mountain you see at the end of the road is actually about 30 miles away across the ocean.  It's Mt. Haleakala on Maui! 
By the 3rd day we had settled down and found all kinds of things to love about the Big Island.
The Marriott Resort is very nice!
I feel in love with this pretty little Hawaiian church!
Kalij pheasants 
Nenes - the endangered Hawaiian Goose.
Spectacular sunsets
Easily accessible black sand beaches!
Plenty of sunshine so that we could enjoy relaxing and reading by the pool.
We even got to spend an evening in the beautiful Kona Temple with our friends, the Sillimans who are serving a mission there. 


By the end of our 10 day visit, I can honestly say that while Maui is my 'happiest place', the Big Island is one of my happy places!







No comments:

Post a Comment