Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Slimy Day!

 Slimy day sounds like something negative doesn't it?  Actually it was a perfect day since we spent it with Isabella.  George and I took her to the "Slime" exhibit at the Idaho Discovery Center.

McDonalds for lunch - anyone who knows me understands that going to McDonald's illustrates just how much I love this little girl.  I never ever pick McDonalds but they do have the best French fries around.


Next playing at the park.  The cold didn't bother her.  I don't think I've ever played at a park when there was still a patch of icy snow on the ground.

Isabella was all smiles!

Finally the SLIME!

It's gooey, messy science based fun with lots of interactive exhibits.

Plus plenty of SLIME to touch and play with.

I admit it is quite mesmerizing! 
Interestingly it didn't stick to my hands at all, while other people were really having to peel it off.  Don't know the scientific reason for that!
A favorite of everyone was the giant slime bubble.
She is surrounded by slime!

The discovery center had a couple of new activities that I hope will be permanent. 
A really fun building center where Isabella, under Grandpa's watchful eye, built a satellite by following a pictorial example.
She also really got into making paper airplanes and then using the launching machine to make them fly.
As is our tradition, we ended the day with doughnuts.
A perfect ending to a perfect Grandpa, Grandma, Isabella date!











 










No comments:

Post a Comment