Sunday, October 30, 2022

#1

At our church's Halloween/Harvest Party, there is traditionally both a chili and a soup cook off.  Last night I won 1st place in the soup category!  This means I get to keep the ward's 'rotating' trophy for the next year!


I do love to cook and I really love soup.  I have multiple recipes that involve cooking turkey or chicken for many hours before straining and picking the meat off the bones.  Some recipes call for me to make roux or roast peppers in my oven, to chop multiple vegetables, or to make a bouquet garni with fresh herbs.

Shh....don't spread the word about my prize winner!

First you brown a pound of hamburger meat and then add
2 cans of Progresso Minestrone Soup
2 cans of ranch style beans
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1 can of Rotel
Simmer it all together and then add some Italian Seasoning!

That's it!

Simple and easy is often best huh?

When my Aunt Mary Finch was sick in 2008, Mrs. Lucille Nix, a friend of hers, brought this soup to our family.  It was a favorite so she shared her recipe.  I wonder if she had any idea that it would be a prize winner in Eagle, Idaho.

Thanks Mrs. Nix!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment