Thursday, May 2, 2024

Family = Home

 I so enjoyed our days in Lonoke getting to visit with people I love; people who have been a part of my life for so many years.

First day we were there we met a group of my Lonoke Class of 1971 friends at the Grumpy Rabbit.

How I love these dear friends who I have known literally all my life!

Danny Chivers, Me, Barbara and Jim Fitzhugh, Barbara Jones Chivers, Ross Moore, Karen Lewis Mashing, Pam Cordell Landis, Amos Pack, Mike Pack, Shelia Childress Johnson, Elaine McElyea Anderson, Carolyn O'Bannon, Kirt Fort, Ronnie and Sherry Wallace, George


I don't think I've ever had a personalized menu before.
Also met some new 'cousins' that have joined the family in the last few years.
Mary, wearing the red dress, who is the wife of my 1st cousin twice removed, Logan Dewitt and Logan's sister Ashlynn .  
Darling girls!

George and I drove 2 hours down to Monticello, Arkansas to visit my 1st cousin once removed, Amanda McGraw's family.  
1st cousin twice removed, Tabor's wife Hannah had become my Facebook friend and I really wanted to meet her and see their cute little baby Tatum John.
Well worth the drive through the delta!
My cousin Amanda, her husband John David, son Tabor, wife Hannah holding TJ, and daughter Kelsey.
I loved meeting these new cousins....however many times they are removed! If you are keeping count, Tabor John is my 1st cousin  3 times removed.

Poignant meeting with the husband of my cousin Joy, who passed away two years ago, as Charlie has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and isn't doing well at all.  I remember Charlie when I was just a little girl since he and Joy dated for many years.  The thought of loosing him is painful.
With his two daughters Amanda and Leigh Ann and Leigh's husband Mark.

On a happier note - my youngest 1st cousin Robin Moore Lewis has two new grand-babies that are just darling.  She retired from teaching after a long, illustrious career and is a full time care taking grandma.  Lucky her!  And lucky babies!
I am sorry I haven't gotten to meet her son and daughter in-law but maybe next time. And I'd love to see her daughter Scarlett....
Robin holding Graham and her son, Mitch holding his son,Caden.
George and I also had a great dinner with my Depriest cousins but I forgot to take a photo of the whole group.  Janie's son, Tommy, and daughter in law, Anne, have restored one of my favorite Lonoke houses.  My Grandma Boyle lived next door and I always thought it was just a beautiful house.  They have made it a show piece with beautiful woodwork and lovely arches! I totally love it!
Ronnie and Janie Depriest Raper, Tommy and Ann Swint

I am truly blessed with the best cousins!



 










No comments:

Post a Comment