Saturday, October 17, 2009

Soccer Fan

Ever since Mary was a little girl, soccer has been a huge part of our lives. All four kids played. On some Saturdays before we moved to Spain we had 6 games!!! During our five years in Barcelona the season went from September to June with at least one game every Saturday. I've watched soccer in 105 degree heat at Regionals in Las Vegas. I've watched in pouring rain and wind that was so strong I could barely stand up. I've watched in drizzle and snow and sleet and while freezing even though I have on all my ski gear & I'm covered with a blanket. I've spent Mother's Day and Labor Day and Memorial Day and Fourth of July on soccer fields and traveling with teams. People always ask me if I'm not so excited and happy to be done with it. The answer to that is NO! I miss it. So I was thrilled when three little girls from church invited me to their game. They are killer soccer players! I'm no biased Mom or grandma and I think they are three of the best on their team...and they just look so darned cute! I remember a t-shirt that said, "The difference between girls soccer and boys soccer - girls make it look good" So true with these three cuties!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to go to a game! I think another difference between boys soccer and girls soccer are the bows in the hair, darling hairdos and these beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some cute lookin' soccer babes!

    ReplyDelete