Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Eve - Goodbye 2009!


I can't say that I am sorry to bid farewell to 2009! Since we were recovering from stomach flu (John, Scott, & Matt), blood clots (George) and a cold (me) we had a low key New Year's eve. We watched "Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince" until almost midnight & planned to celebrate the change to the new year in the traditional Spanish way. In Spain as the cathedral bells toll midnight one is supposed to eat a grape with each chime. This becomes a rather remarkable feat when you remember that in Spain there is no such thing as a 'seedless' grape! In Eagle, Idaho there are seedless grapes but no cathedral chimes so we satisfied our Spanish urges by eating a few grapes and drinking some really wonderful sparkling cider instead of the traditional Spanish Cava, or champagne!

So goodbye 2009 and welcome 2010! Come what may and love it!!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun way to ring in a new year! Thank goodness for seedless grapes, right? Hope you're feeling better, Marilyn. Yay for twenty ten and being employed! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your motto for this year. I decided to delete my resolutions after all. That way no one can hold me to them. :) Hope this year is better for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful New Years Eve! I love the tradition of the grapes and Sparkling Cider. We have done that before I wish I would have thought of that this year! I hope you feel better soon Marilyn and your 2010 is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete