Sunday, January 31, 2010

Newsflash - George moves out with Marilyn's help

George packed up his stuff & moved to Wilsonville, Oregon to start his new job with Celstream.
I actually drove the truck. Ok it was only from our house to the U-haul office but that does count!

Our trip to Wilsonville, Oregon was actually fun!

George is all set up in his bachelor pad. This is the view from his living room balcony.

He has a small kitchen now equipped with a microwave and a cookbook cleverly entitled "A Man, A Can, and a Microwave"! I will admit to a chuckle when I think of him cooking his own meals, cleaning his own apartment, and doing his own laundry!

I just read this quote from the President of our Church, Thomas S. Monson, "Our journey into the future will not be a smooth highway stretching from here to eternity. Rather there will be forks and turnings in the road, to say nothing of unanticipated bumps."

We are stepping forward with faith that this job is the right thing even though we don't know for sure whether a move to Portland will be in our future. Leaving HP was definitely an unanticipated bump but I'm actually excited to see where the "forks and turnings" will lead us!

4 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK! I love you both and hope the best for you. So nice to see the pictures of where George will be living. It looks pretty. You look great driving that truck. Maybe you should consider a job driving trucks. You would look very cute doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you added "with Marilyn's help" to your title! Wasn't driving that big truck scary? Looks a little intimidating to me. I appreciate your faith and optimism in all your bumps and turns in life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Jan. I can just see myself in a big 18 wheeler stopping at a truck stop for a 'trucker's breakfast'! Tami, it wasn't too bad driving from my house to Chinden U-haul. I thought I was going to have to drive it in the crazy Portland traffic but I didn't. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So tell me, Mom, how long have you been in port?

    Yeah, I guessed you're a sailor, aren't you, that's why you wear that life preserver

    ReplyDelete