Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pleasure #7 - My favorite


Pet a dog (any dog). You may have heard this before, but it bears repeating: Physical contact with animals works wonders. It increases the brain chemicals associated with pleasure and decreases those associated with stress. Even people without pets can get some of the effect by hanging out for a few minutes at a dog run.

You all know how much I loved this dog:

She was one of the joys of my life and I got untold pleasure from her.
Funny how this our 'guest dog' also brings us all so much pleasure.

Jackson came on May 5th to spend a couple of weeks and he's still here. I say that I AM NOT buying him any more food and then I look him and at Scott and I cave in. Now they tell me that he is a fan of the Netherlands and he can't go home until they loose. We all want them to loose on Sunday so on Monday he CAN go home....I want him to, not because I don't like him or because he is a lot of trouble, but because I do like him so much. I love having a four legged, shedding, ball crazy member of the family! He definitely brings me pleasure!

1 comment:

  1. I can hear your voice while reading this post about your furry friends. The dogs in your life are lucky to have you! My daughter and her family recently adopted a kitten, well, the kitten recently adopted them, really, and the whole household seems more content somehow. I thought it was just my imagination until reading your post. Thanks for enlightening me! Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete