Sunday, July 11, 2010

World Cup Champions!!!!

Today was Spain's first World Cup Championship. They were also the first team who went on to win the cup after loosing their first game! Viva Espana! I even left Relief Society before the closing song and prayer, which is something I never ever do, just so I could see the last few minutes of the game! Needless to say we were overjoyed with the way it turned out! Also goes without saying that we were pretty nervous!!! 1-0 in overtime with the goal scored at the 116 minute does not make for a relaxing game!

We toasted with sparkling apple juice!

Even Jackson is a Spain fan!

Thanks to Liz sending us these 'crisps' from England we ate Dutch Edam Cheese and Spanish Chicken Paella crisps after the game....also Argentina Grilled Steak Crisps, French Garlic Baguette Crisps, American Cheeseburger Crisps, Brazilian Salsa...you get the idea. Thanks again Liz! You added to the fun!

John stayed with us for the final and to read the reports on the internet before he headed back to Salt Lake. In case you can't tell, the computer screen shows Iniesta celebrating! He's the player who scored the winning goal!

3 comments:

  1. I admit that as soon as I got home from church I turned on the game and was fortunate enough to watch the overtime, especially the goal! I'm glad I missed the rest actually. Good for Spain! Argentina in 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT FUN!!! You guys are great. I'm glad they won and you had so much fun with it. Good memories for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured you guys had a party!!

    ReplyDelete