Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nativity from China

Last December I ordered a nativity from Nepal through a family in Utah. http://bondia2000.blogspot.com/2010/12/nativity-scenes.html When I found the nativity from Nepal there was also one I wanted from China but it was out of stock. It is available again so I ordered one. I think it is beautiful.
This Nativity scene was designed by a Chinese Christian man. The extra man in the central group represents God, the real father of Jesus. The Christian woodcarver patterns his designs after scriptures he read, so he wanted to portray both fathers of Jesus mentioned in the scriptures.

The Chinese characters written on the wood area are a beautiful Chinese translation of Isaiah 9:2. "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: those who lived in a land of deep darkness, upon them hath the light shined." Don't you think that scripture applies perfectly to what is slowly happening in China as the gospel is given to them?

3 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! Will yu display it now or wait until Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had it out but I think I'll put it away and get out some EAster decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Where I can buy a Nativity from China.
    I await your response in this way.
    Or tell me your email address
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete