Sunday, August 21, 2011

Education Week

With apologies and compliments to my Education Week buddy, Jan who did this post about our week.......http://jandegiulio.wordpress.com/ I'm going to steal her post and adapt it to my blog.

Education Week was wonderful this year. I went with Jan De Giulio. We had a great time learning, laughing, visiting and eating together. She is the perfect ED Week partner! It was fun to have Jan's daughter, Terrah, join us for a day and go to a few classes with her. I will write more about the classes later. Here are a few fast facts.

  • About 36 classes taken.
  • Tons of good stuff learned.
  • 114 pages of notes taken.
  • Seven pages filled with inspiration that came into my mind as I listened
  • New goals set.
  • Lots of excitement about teaching the Old Testament this year

The most amazing facts are below

  • No fudge eaten.
  • No ice cream eaten.
  • Only 2 Amazing BYU brownies eaten. How I did this I will never know! (But I admit I wish I had one right now!)
  • One over priced Costa Vida Salad at the Marriott Center eaten. Learned my lesson there! It’s almost a crime how much they jack up the price to sell at BYU.
  • Found out the bathrooms in the BYU Art Museum are amazing, with no lines EVER!!! I did not share this secret with anyone lest they be overflowing with people when I went in them.
  • The Cafe in the Museum is a great inexpensive place to get a good lunch.
  • Two dinners at the wonderful ZUPAS!
  • Weight gain ZERO!
  • LDS Women can take over a men's bathroom when the need is great!
  • The speakers I've heard for years, like Michael Wilcox and Randall Wright, are still favorites and still inspire and teach me.
  • My favorites list can grow longer with speakers like Brad Wilcox and Anthony Sweat and Kenneth Alford.

I've been to BYU Education Week over 20 times and each year is fantastic. For those who may not know what it is...it's five days filled with classes from 8:30 in the morning until 9:25 at night. Classes range from religious to financial planning to parenting to history to music to mental health and diet and exercise. There is something for everyone. This year there were 20,000 participants ages 14 to 96. I'm serious about the 96 year old! Some people stay in the homes of family and friends, some in motels and some in the dorms. Jan and I were in the dorm. Fun late nights talking and talking and talking! A great week in every way!


1 comment:

  1. LOVED, loved, loved it and going with you! What fun we had!

    ReplyDelete