Thursday, September 1, 2011

Random thoughts from Education Week

I've just finished typing my notes from Education Week so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite random quotes:

Acts 12: 1-7 - In these verses we read of James who was killed by the sword and Peter who was rescued from prison by an angel. Was Peter more righteous than James? Had he prayed more? Had the people prayed more for Peter than for James? Sometimes life gives us the 'sword' and sometimes we get the 'angel'. We don't always understand why things happen the way they do but adversity will come to us all! When it does, we need to 'turn outward' and serve. There are times when we may be the saving angel for someone else going through trials.

Neal A. Maxwell, "Patience is tied to faith.Lack of patience shows that you think you know more than God."

I'm not sure where this quote comes from but I love it. "Sometimes He calms the sea and sometimes he lets the sea rage on and He calms the child."

"Grace isn't a booster engine but a constant source of power. Grace is the presence of God enabling power. We aren't earning heaven we are learning heaven!" Brad Wilcox

If you’re going to enjoy thinking about it in the future, if you’re going to laugh about it later, enjoy it and laugh about it NOW! Randall Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment