Thursday, August 9, 2012

How will he ever top this??

George really outdid himself this year for my birthday!  He surprised me with an Inside Passage cruise!  We drove up to Vancouver, BC boarded a beautiful Holland America ship and went north to Alaska!

 George even planned all our shore excursions.  First day we went whale watching and we saw whales....lots and lots of whales!!!!


Another day we drove 'mules' to a beautiful spot near Haines, Alaska and had a wonderful halibut dinner.
 One of the most fun excursions was flying in a float plane to a remote island to look for bears!
And we did see bears! They are very quick and efficient fishermen! There were so many salmon at this spot that I think I could have caught one with my bare hands but I don't think I'd want to be in competition with one of these black bears!!!
The bears were fun to watch and the scenery as we flew to Prince of Wales island was spectacular.
 I even got flowers, a birthday cake, and a Dr. Pepper on my birthday!
Alaska is a beautiful place and I'm glad I got to share it with my sweetheart!  
 

1 comment:

  1. What a great surprise! It's great you had such a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete