Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy birthday!

Today is my mother's 93rd birthday.  I was going to say 'today would have been my mother's 93rd birthday' until I realized that it still IS her birthday.  She has just been celebrating it in Heaven these last few years!  In honor of her, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite photos of her from before I was even born!  This one must have been made before she and Daddy got married.
 I love this one.  She is ice skating on the fish hatchery ponds.  In all my years living in Lonoke, I never remember the fish hatchery ponds freezing hard enough for ice skating.  I love her stylish outfit and the expression on her face that showed how much fun she was having!
Daddy and Momma lived in Boston on Beacon Hill for a few years before I was born.  Again she looks so stylish.  I have a letter she wrote my Aunt Mary during this time.  She commented that all the 'yankees' wore clothes that 'we' would consider fall clothes all year round.  My mother always loved clothes and fashion.
Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of her and miss her!  I was blessed to have had her in my life for 56 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment