Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Taking the bad with the good...

The good - I have the best volunteer job in the world.  Yesterday I cuddled dogs as they came out from sedation.  The young dogs who arrive at Guide Dogs for the Blind go through a complete medical workup prior to their training.  For their hip and elbow x-rays they are sedated and I get to sit with them as they wake up.  These two cuties both wanted to be in my lap.  Vino is a Golden Retriever and Henry is a Lab/Golden Cross.  He is the first black cross I've seen.  His personality was all Golden Retriever even though he could have passed for a black lab. 
                                        
The bad - when I arrived home this letter was waiting for me, inviting me to be part of a select group testing hearing aids!  They were looking for people like me 'who may be experiencing some level of hearing loss'.  Yikes, I really am a senior citizen!

No comments:

Post a Comment