Monday, September 4, 2017

#35 is a Cuddler



Foster Guide Dog #35 is an affectionate snuggler !  Sometimes when we foster 'working guide dogs' who are bonded with their visually impaired partner, they are not too crazy about us.  Their attitude is, "I appreciate your care and I like you fine BUT YOU ARE NOT MY PERSON."  Not so with #35! He has adored us from the very first day we brought him home. When I come home after leaving him for a short time he dances around with total joy.  If I dare to shut the bathroom door during the day when no one else is home, he'll stand outside and cry.  And he thinks my floor exercises are the perfect time to shower me with kisses.
 I'm not the only member of the family he feels this way about.  He adores George too and relishes the time spent in George's presence.  Belly rubs, back rubs, head rubs....he likes it all. 
On Wednesday we take him back to campus.  If he has to go to another foster home I don't think he'll mind.  This sweet boy seems to love everyone.  George and I will miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment