Friday, September 15, 2017

Home to Lonoke for a Wedding


The reason for my visit was to attend the wedding of my cousin Janie's granddaughter Hannah!  She was a beautiful bride! 
I loved spending time with my cousins.  Here I am with 3 of them....Ross, Janie, and Robin.  I am so thankful for them, especially since I have no brothers and sisters.  They are definitely an important part of my life and I love them to pieces!  I didn't get photos of my other cousins Joy and Jimmy & Robert and my other cousin Janie....but I love them all! 
Ross and his wife Brenda are so lucky to take care of their adorable little grandson Hudson 3 days each week.  On one of those days we enjoyed a lunch at the White Pig Inn - best barbecue anywhere! 
I noticed that they are hiring....maybe I should apply! "Will work for Barbecue". 
The only problem they have with Hudson is getting him into his car seat.  It takes both of them to buckle him in.  When he manages to escape from them, he gets this cheeky little grin.  Makes me smile too!  That look says, "I did it!  I'm free.  They can't control me", even though he always loses this battle in the end! 
On Sunday I went to the First Presbyterian Church.  That spot is 'so dear to my childhood' and I  enjoy being there - even when there are only 6 of us in attendance. 
Founded by my ancestors the Witherspoons and the Websters.
I also got to help my classmate Pam celebrate her 64th birthday! 
Being with some of my classmates from the Lonoke High School Class of 1971 is the best! 

 Hugh Amos Pack, Pam Cordell Landis, Shelia Childress Johnson, Ed Willman, Elaine McElyea Anderson 


Even though I haven't lived there in more than 40 years....Lonoke will always be HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment