Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Weekend in Oregon



I am on the board of a really wonderful organization called Kenya Keys.   I love being involved with a group that is truly changing lives in a very poor part of Kenya.  100% of  donations go directly to help kids who have qualified to attend secondary school but don't have the $375 in fees that are necessary.  I love that you can develop a relationship with the student you sponsor through letters.
End of commercial! I flew to Oregon to attend an important board meeting. I am so happy that I get to serve with such a fun, dynamic group who are totally dedicated to the mission to educate and empower students.
 
 I was also reminded of the stunning beauty of Oregon in the spring. 
Scott and I enjoyed a pizza at our favorite quick pizza place - Pieology 
I had a burger at Burgerville - an Oregon institution - with Martha and Larry.
And I was the surprise guest at the monthly dinner group.
Sometimes I feel sad that we haven't always lived in the same place so that we have firm roots in one location but most of the time I think that it has been a blessing to live in different places so that we have friends all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment