Thursday, November 14, 2019

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

A few days after I returned from Kenya, we went to Zion National Park in Southern Utah for a Lewis family meeting.  I knew that Matt would be there with George, what I didn't know was that my 'boys' had hatched a surprise and Scott got to come too!  It was a terrific to have 3 of my handsome men on this little trip!
Matt, George, Scott
The scenery is stunning!
First stop on our Zion mini-vacation - the Ghost Town of Grafton, Utah.  It is on the road to Zion and I've always wanted to stop there but never have. Grafton's claim to fame is that is was the setting for the famous 'Raindrops keep falling on my head' scene in the classic movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid'
 If you have seen it you will remember their visit to the school teacher and the fun bike ride with Butch and Etta. We were right there. If you haven't seen Butch Cassidy, please do.  Some call it the 'most likable film of all time.'
Can't you just hear, "Raindrops keep falling on my head!"
Naturally we had to visit the Grafton Cemetery.   Diphtheria, Indians, scarlet fever and a broken swing are the causes of death. Interesting start to our Zion weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment