Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Thoughts on Covid-19

I am sharing my thoughts about Covid-19 and how it has affected my life.  And also a list of things I am thankful for during this pandemic.
First of all, I love this painting. It gives me a lot of peace.
 I feel so thankful for some of the little things that bless the Lewis family:
·       Modern Technology so that we can stay in touch and that I can see those loved faces!
·       That all of the ‘kids’ have someone to help them through these tough times of ‘stay at home’ – a husband & a wife or good friends.
·       I’m thankful for food and shelter and books and TV and Netflix.
·       I’m thankful that Dad has a job!
·       Thankful that Mark and John’s jobs are considered essential.
·       Thankful that Dad can work from home.
·       Thankful that all this is happening during the spring so that we have more sunlight, flowers blooming and ducks and birds coming back!
·       Thankful that Dad and I made it home safely from Dubai.
·       Thankful that Mary and Mark were blessed with Jackson and Christopher in their home.
·       I love reading stories to Isabella every night….and even having her read to me!
·       I am staying busy with my ‘to-do’ lists
·       I love that mostly, all of you are willing to play along with my Quarantine Games!
·       I’m loving baking and cooking.
·       Feeling blessed that we came home to a full pantry and freezer thanks to Matt.
·       And of course, the blessing that none of us are sick.

Now how has Covid-19 affected my life.
·       My schedule hadn’t been super busy before but now it is wide open!
·       Honestly, I kind of like being able to stay in my pjs or sweats all day with no makeup and not fixing my hair!  
·       I love grocery shopping and I can’t go and shop like I want to.
·       This has forced me to really think of what food we already have and what we need.
·       And I’m shopping online which is weird but strangely kind of fun too!
·       When I go for walks in Lexington Hills, it is so odd to cross to the other side of the street or go into the grass or road to avoid people.
·       And it is really odd, but strangely comforting to have ‘home church’.
·       It is sad that John, Monica and Isabella can’t come over for Sunday dinner.
·       I miss knowing that I could visit Mary and family 
·       All of this has helped me realize that it is the ‘small things’ in life that matter the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment