Wednesday, October 27, 2021

October

You probably are familiar with the quote from Anne of Green Gables, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."  


To that I might add that I am so glad I experienced Iceland in October.  The colors were stunning.
There is a lot gold color 
With some reddish highlights
Dramatic basalt cliffs with glacier blue water with yellow and red accents
Unique rock formations and golden highlights
One interesting thing about Iceland, since the sun is so low on the horizon, you get long shadows for most of the day.  I thought they added a unique perspective to photos.
Because Iceland has so few trees, you notice the ones you see. We think these were some variety of aspen.
This area on the south shore of Lake Myvatn had the most trees of any place we visited. Apparently, it is the result of a couple spending their summers there for several decades planting trees and plants.  When the husband died the wife donated the place.  It's beautiful and a refreshing change from the usual vegetation.
This tree was in the city of Akureyri and reminded me of Christmas with the bright red berries.

'October is the opal month of the year.  It is the month of glory, of ripeness.  It is the picture-month.'


Add the beautiful fall colors to the list of reasons why I am glad we went to Iceland in October.  

Full Disclosure - We did wake up one morning to this.  And yes that is snow!

And yes, it was cold!

'What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.'
 




No comments:

Post a Comment