Sunday, October 31, 2021

Zodiac Boats

 No visit to Iceland would be complete without an excursion in a zodiac boat on a glacier lagoon! 

Our stylish, and very warm jackets, were also flotation devices.  I've mentioned several times that on this whole trip I never felt the urge to 'suck in' when someone was taking my picture.  I looked like the pillsbury dough boy the whole time since I was wearing so many layers!

After a short hike, we arrived at the glacier lagoon.  
Beautiful glacier, icebergs and the zodiac boats!
The icebergs reminded us a bit of our Antarctica trip but these were much smaller.  

Some of the ones in Antarctica were the size of aircraft carriers!

They were quite pretty, especially the blue ones.

So many shapes of ice and gradations of color!  It really wasn't cold at all, but then we did have on multiple layers.
Our guide took several photos of each couple. I think that pre-COVID, you actually were encouraged to taste the ice.  Now you just pretend to taste it.
Even though no pieces of the glacier calved when we were there, it was still a really fun experience.  
The group before us, had two pieces calve and said it sounded like thunder.  Sorry we missed that experience.  
I love adventuring with my handsome arctic explorer!


No comments:

Post a Comment