Monday, November 29, 2021

It's Who Is Around the Table

 
The older I get the more truth I see in this statement!  Although what is ON the table for Thanksgiving dinner is definitely wonderful, it is those beloved faces in the chairs that makes me the happiest.

I used the china that my Daddy bought back from occupied Japan at the end of World War II, George's mother's silver bread bowl, my aunt Mary's table runner and the silver flatware that belonged to my mother.  That makes those loved people feel a part of our celebration.
I must tease Scott a little. He said that he was very excited to have some of my mashed potatoes.  
Here's his plate!
I cooked 6 pounds of potatoes and all were gone by mid day on Friday.  
The highlight of the day was playing games with Isabella.  Scott challenged her to a Go Fish tournament

And Scott won!!!! We know how much she likes to WIN  but she still loved Scott!
And a big shout out to George who spent almost 2 hours doing dishes. There were a LOT of dishes and all those antiques can't go in the dishwasher!  

This Thanksgiving was definitely better than our quarantined celebration in 2020.
And it made me super excited for our Christmas celebration in just a few short weeks.  There will be 3 more beloved faces in the chairs for that!  Mary, Mark and Jackson!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment