Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Random Fun in West Virginia

 Just a few random shots of fun in West Virginia!

Jackson is a good helper in the grocery store.

Parade time!
As I have said before Jackson has quite the imagination. Here's a fun example. During this parade various participants would get out of line and 'shake their booty'.  I had to make a sign that said, "NO BOOTY SHAKING".  After that when someone would do a little booty dance, Chase, the Paw Patrol Policeman, would arrest them and put them in jail.  This got even crazier when I introduced Jackson to the 1976 KC and the Sunshine Band hit - Shake Your Booty.  After I played that song, the number of animals breaking the law by shaking their booty skyrocketed!

Jackson loves construction vehicles so Good Night Construction Site became a favorite book.
Especially when read on the top bunk!
Jackson is usually not a fan of posing for photos but occasionally you can get him to pose....when HE wants to!
This is in Berkley Springs, West Virginia.  And yes George Washington did bath here. In fact he described the experience this way. 

"We found of both sexes about 250 people at this place, full of all manner of diseases and complaints; some of which are benefited, while others find no relief from the waters two of three doctors are here, but whether attending as physicians or to drink the water I know not. It is thought the springs will soon begin to lose their virtues, and the weather gets too cold for people not well provided to remain here. They are situated very badly on the east side of a steep mountain, and enclosed by hills on all sides, so that the afternoon's sun is hid by 4 o'clock and the fog hangs over us till 9 or 10, like ghosts with occasional great damps and the mornings and the evenings to be cool. 

However, I think my fevers are a good deal abated, though my pains grow rather worse, and my sleep equally disturbed; what effect the waters may have upon me I cannot say at present, as I expect nothing from the air this certainly must be unhealthy. I propose to stay here a fortnight and longer if benefited"

Washington's letter to Reverend Charles Green - August 26, 1761

Mark bought a couple of gallon jugs and we filled them with water from Berkley Springs.  And it tastes great!

On a cold day in April, nothing beats watching cartoons by the fireplace.

Mary and Mark have 4 chickens. One of them is 13 year old Flighty!  She hasn't laid eggs in years but remains the boss lady of the coop. Yes, there really is a 'pecking order'. Can you figure out which one is the geriatric hen? I read on line that well cared for and protected hens can live for as long as 12 years.  Flighty must be very protected and well cared for.














No comments:

Post a Comment