Monday, February 16, 2009

I survived the Road to Hana!

I never wanted to drive the road to Hana.  After all, I get car sick and this "narrow corkscrew" road has 617 curves!  If also has "54 one lane bridges, dozens of waterfalls and distracting vistas aplenty".  But it is listed in "1000 Places to See Before you Die" and I'm working my way down the list and I was on Maui SO why not? 


George drove super slow and let everyone who wanted to pass him.  Here we were in this hot little  Mustang and he had to drive like a senior citizen just to keep his wife happy!  But happy I was as we discovered some of the most spectacular places.




Black Sand Beaches


And our own private waterfall...


3 comments:

  1. Oh Marilyn!! Now you're speaking my language! Convertible, beaches, tropical waterfall! It doesn't get any better than that. How wonderful for you. And how cool that your husband drove so conservatively when he could have burned up the road. Very impressive indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Marilyn I shouldn't be too surprised that you are off travelling the world. David told me that now we have lived in China and I have enjoyed all our trips he could see me being like you and going all over the world. I don't know if I am that adventurous or not but you definitely are a great example of someone out exploring the world. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time you go somewhere with a beach, can I come with you? I promise I won't get in your way...

    ReplyDelete