Thursday, February 26, 2009

Me? A Senior Citizen?


I went to the movie with a friend today and this is my ticket:


Notice anything?  Yep it says "SENIOR".  I got my first senior citizen discount at the movies.  I have been to the movie since my birthday but I always forget that I am now a senior!  A year or so ago I went to the movie with the same friend.  When the cashier asked, "2 adults" I had the thought, "Does she think we are students?" and then it hit me!  She didn't think we were students she thought we were seniors!  Now that I am entitled to a discount I say, "Why not?" Not taking it won't make me any younger, would it?

The movie we saw was "Confessions of A Shopaholic".  It was just silly, good fun.  Definitely a "chic flick".  The book (in fact the whole series of "shopaholic" books") is much better. The books made me laugh out loud.   The movie was fun for a "girls day out"....even if it was for a couple of "golden age girls"!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the books...I haven't seen the movie yet. It will probably be one that I rent. Hannah's not exactly the best moviegoer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I read you post I decided it was time for me to go to this movie. I loved the books! But alas I was a little too late. One day in fact. Not at the Gateway any longer. Just how old are you to get a senoir discount?

    ReplyDelete