Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tombstone humor




Before I arrived in Arkansas to visit my mother she had told me about the tombstone she and a friend had recently discovered in the cemetery in Lonoke.  She wanted to show it to me & thought I should post about it on my blog.  After she died I roamed around until I found it.  I have heard of this phrase being on a tombstone but I thought it was a joke. Some people really have a sense of humor!  I like the golfing picture and the wording.  It makes me feel like I would like to get to know Eugene Buford Lamb!  I imagine he was fun to be around.



2 comments:

  1. This is really cute. What a great legacy to leave behind...a sense of humor! I've heard of it too but never saw one actually do it before. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marilyn,
    This is my fathers tombstone, and he was an amazing man, very fun to be around. He had my mom and I put this on his tombstone for this exact reason, so that when people would walk by the stone, if they didn't know dad, they would do a double take and laugh at the joke, and if they did know dad, they would remember him and their favorite moment with him, and laugh. His personality was larger than life, he touched so many lives, and he is smiling right now with the knowledge that he made you and Tami laugh.

    Best Regards,

    Eugene Buford Lamb III

    ReplyDelete