Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another Saturday - another hike!

This week we hiked 4.5 miles with a 1950 ft. elevation gain to pretty little Jenny Lake. John was with us this time so Matt had a speedy hiking buddy. This week the black shaggy doggy decided to stay with the speedy group. George and I weren't so speedy. I told myself that I was hiking slow to be with George and I'm sure he told himself that he was hiking slow to stay with me! The only important part is that we made it. The old dog has hardly moved today. She wagged her tail when I came home from church, got up for a dog treat, and her dinner but other than that she has spent the day 'recuperating". George had his first church meeting at 6:00 a.m. so I'm not sure if he is recuperating from that or the nine mile hike.


The wildflowers were stunning and Johnny even did a little 'wildlife' photography!


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty hike. Love the photography! Glad you enjoyed it (and glad that you could walk the next day!) Proud of you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jenny Lake! It's good you can get out and hike with the family. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete