Sunday, June 14, 2009

When it rains....it still floods!

We were paying close attention to our patio drainage during this torrential downpour so we noticed the water slowly rising.
Before it came into the house again we tried bailing.......

We tried using a pick ax to clean out our drain......
But finally a trip to Home Depot for a pump gave us a good fix until we get a better permanent drain.

When I went inside Matt got up on the roof in the pouring rain to clean out the gutters. When I asked, "Why didn't you call me, those would have been great pictures?" George & Matt replied almost in unison, "Because we don't want to be on your blog!!!" Sorry guys! The hanging from the roof in the rain pictures would have been so much more exciting!

I just read over this post and laughed at how I said, "We tried bailing....we tried a pick axe" and implied that we went to Home Depot. George says I was using the royal 'we' because to be honest, all I did was take pictures and go inside to scrapbook! I'm sure it was a great father son bonding experience!

2 comments:

  1. I think it was Cirera's red ball blocking the drain that caused the flood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn,
    Thought you might like to know. Maggie had an emergency appendectomy last night in Anchorage. All is well, she is sore but doing good, minus an extremely swollen but still unbursted appendix, which none of us supposedly really need anyway (bursted or unbursted).
    How are you doing? Oh, i read your blogs and see you are doing wonderful as always. You remind me of my mom, never a unhappy day.
    Scott & Cassie

    ReplyDelete