Friday, November 6, 2009

Day #16 Southern Treasure

I read this in "Southern Living" magazine.

"It belonged to Great Aunt Sally" is the Southerner's equivalent of "I saw one just like it at the museum...." TRANSLATION: It's priceless. Where 'shiny and new' hold sway in other parts of the country, we like our stuff "handed down in the family", as we say! "

So, I'm posting pictures of this 'priceless' item 'handed down' from my Grandma.

My Grandma married my Grandfather Arthur Marion Montgomery is 1911 when she was 17. They had three children, the last was my Daddy who was born in January 1916. Arthur died in December of 1916 so my Daddy never knew his father. This little trinket box was a gift from Arthur to my Grandma and although, she married again in 1921 and gave birth to three more children, she kept this keepsake on her dresser until she died in 1981 . One of the last three children was my Aunt Mary & she gave this to me a couple of years ago. That makes it more 'precious' to me than any museum piece!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you get to have the priceless family treasure! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete