Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day #28 - It is finished!

In the Spring of 2008 I started working on a family cookbook with recipes from my Grandma, Mother, Aunt Mary and my cousins on my Dad's side of the family. I went on a visit to Arkansas in September to do proofreading with my mother and get the rest of the recipes. My one week pleasure vacation turned into 6 difficult weeks after my Aunt Mary was diagnosed with leukemia as we all took turns taking care of her until her death in October. So nothing happened on the cookbook during that visit. Then the holidays came and a trip to the Inauguration and Hawaii so again I had plenty of excuses. In March I went to Arkansas to visit my mother for a week to finalize the cookbook and you know what happened, my mother suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. That one week trip also turned into a 6 week stay filled to the brim with all the myriad of things that have to be done after a death. Then I came home and faced George's job loss and all the stress that goes with that. More delays when my cousin's 38 year old son passed away from cancer in May.

I know you're thinking, "Excuses, excuses, excuses!!!" But, drum roll please, it is finished !!!! Let's hear the applause!
The "Four Generations of Good Cooks" is done. I love the way it turned out. I hope my cousins will too!

3 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! What a treat for your family members. GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks Awesome!!! I never thought "excuses, excuses" while I was reading your post. You are major inspiration to me to always keep going. Thanks for being that kind of friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *clap, clap, clap* It looks very professional and quite an heirloom. They will love it!! Seems like the book symbolizes that family members may pass away but will always leave parts of themselves...their treasured recipes being one of them. :)

    ReplyDelete