Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy birthday to me, a day late!

I forgot to do a post for my own birthday. Here I am when I was one year old! I still have a hard time believing that I am on the downhill to 60 years old. I always thought at some age I'd start feeling mature....but it hasn't happened yet. I still feel like a 'kid' and am surprised when someone asks me if I qualify for a senior citizen discount or what I'm doing about the medicare prescription drug plan! When my mother had her stroke and the paramedics asked me for her insurance cards I immediately thought, "I don't know where they are. I need to call my Aunt Mary, she'd know." Then I remembered that Mary had just died and I got this panic.......oh no, I am the grown up now! Am I supposed to start feeling like a grownup some time soon?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Marilyn! I totally know what you mean! I remember when my dad started looking like he was a Sr citizen and people started offering him a Sr discount...even when he qualified it still took a little while for him to wrap his mind around accepting it. He was so funny. We used to tease him that he would rather refuse the discount instead of accepting that he really was a Sr. And now we're almost there! How did THAT happen!??? :P
    Hope you had a great birthday. Missed seeing you at lunch the other day. Sure hope this is your best year yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Darling baby picture...I would have recognized that beautiful smile anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Cute baby picture. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete