Saturday, October 16, 2010

My 4th 5K

The year I turned 55 I decided to run a 5K and I did. Then things got crazy in my life with my Aunt Mary's death and then my mother's death and George loosing his job and moving to Oregon but last spring I decided to start running again. I completed 3 5K's this year and I've improved my time from the first one to the 2nd one by 3 minutes and then from the 2nd to this one by 3 minutes! Amazing what running regularly can do! Or so I thought!
George agreed to run with me. In fact this was his 2nd 5K and he improved his time by 5 minutes! That's really impressive when you consider that his training plan for this last one was "Panda Express and pizza"! (His words not mine!!!) Seriously he hasn't run in months while I've been going out 3 times a week! Is that even fair?
He was still running well at the end. If he starts beating me than I'm going to really be mad!
I got 2nd in my age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment