Thursday, October 21, 2010

Will it all fit?

Wow the day for the much anticipated India trip has arrived!!!!!

Normally I love packing for a trip. This time however I was pretty stressed. We are allowed one checked bag with a maximum weight of 44 pounds and one carry on, maximum weight 18 pounds. Our tour won't be stopping for lunches so we need to bring snacks for 15 days of 'on the go' meals. To the weight of that food add all the cameras, chargers for I-pods and Kindles and cameras, and I was worried that we wouldn't have room for clothes! I'm taking fewer clothes on this trip than I've ever taken. I'll probably want to burn every outfit when I come home I'll be so tired of them! Last night we put it all out on the bed and started trying to get it all in.
I started with my carryon and the first weight was 33 pounds...trouble! So I switched to a smaller, lighter carryon, rearranged a few thing and I was a little under 18 pounds! My big suitcase is almost totally full of food and 'stuff' with some clothes. And best of all it weighs quite a bit less than 44 pounds! I can shop till my heart is content and eat American junk food until my few pair of pants don't fit!

We're off on our 'passage to India'!

1 comment:

  1. Have so much fun!!!!! I wish I was going with you. I remember when we were in RS together and you would go to crazy exotic places and I thought I would never want to do that. Now that I have been to China and Asia I want to go everywhere now!!! Funny how little things make big changes in us. I can hardly wait to continue reading your blog and finding out all of your cool new adventures!!!!! Have a GREAT time!!!!

    ReplyDelete