Friday, December 31, 2010

Oregon Aquarium

Among the the interesting displays at the Oregon Aquarium were several made from trash found along the beaches of the area....like this fish....
and this piece of 'trash art'. Amazing and kind of sad that people leave all this junk on the beaches. Although I can honestly say that along the beaches in Lincoln City we saw almost no litter.
Isn't this little sea otter adorable? We watched while they were fed lots and lots of shell fish. They are fat little guys but I guess they need to be in order to stay warm in that cold water.
These fascinating things are called Sea Nettle. Watching them was hypnotizing!
I love it when I catch a glimpse of one of the little boys I remember in these big bearded men!
The aquarium at Newport, Oregon was a great way to spend a cool, rainy day!

1 comment:

  1. All your adventures look fun! But were you freezing? It looks COLD!

    ReplyDelete