Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy birthday Mary!!!

My mother always said that Mary was a 'dear person'. I happen to completely agree! She has always been kind and thoughtful. The memory of Mary that I want to share is one that her Dad told me and I've thought about it so long that it seems like my memory as well.

At the end of one of Mary's birthday parties when she was probably 5 or 6 years old, each child got a helium filled balloon. Kids that age love balloons and Mary was no exception. George took some of the children home. As Mary walked one of her friends to the door, the other little girl somehow lost her balloon and it was taken away by the Colorado wind. Mary immediately ran back to the car and gave her little friend her own balloon. A completely selfless act by my little girl.

Mary still has that selfless spirit. She has served in Primary, working with the children at church, for all but about 6 months of her married life. And best of all she never ever complained about it! I'm proud to call her daughter and friend. I hope to learn from her fine example!

Mary also looks good in pictures. I have photo album after photo album with pictures of Mary and her brothers. In the majority of them, one of the boys has a grumpy face, or has his tongue stuck out, or his eyes crossed or is making a silly face. Mary just always shows us her beaming smile

1 comment: