Thursday, July 7, 2011

Volt

Here's a post for our 'foodie' Scott!

We had the chance to have lunch at Volt, Chef Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant in Frederick, Maryland.
I admit I hadn't heard of him before but he was on Top Chef on Bravo TV. The food was excellent! I'll also admit that there were many words on the menu that I didn't know! The extremely attentive waiter explained the dishes to us and everyone was delighted with their choices!

composition of market vegetables maroon carrots, fennel, upland cress, petite herbs, banyuls vinaigrette

yellowfin tuna tartare jasmine rice, chili oil, petite cilantro, wasabi whitefish roe

sheep’s milk cavatelli country ham, broccoli rabe, parmesan

“spring garden” beets, carrots in timothy hay, radish, coffee soil, cherry glen farm chevre

mahi mahi maroon carrot, black forbidden rice, radish, soy air


marinated hanger steak rick’s yukon gold potatoes, chive pudding, maitake mushrooms, applewood smoked bacon

I think we look as full and content as we felt! I'm not even going to mention the desserts but lets just say they were almost, but not quite, too pretty to eat!

2 comments:

  1. The food looks delicious & very fancy. I dont think I have heard of him either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy, but was it enough food to fill you up? They servings look tiny. Maybe the perfect size for a diet.

    ReplyDelete