Friday, July 8, 2011

Out and About in DC

Mary and I spent an afternoon in the Washington DC Temple.
And a day walking in our nation's capital! I saw a T-shirt that read, "I walked my feet off in DC"! That about sums up our day but we agree that the best way to get to know a city is to walk.

We walked by the White House which was pretty calm, except for about a million tourists and the protestor who has been there since the Bush administration! I think he is still protesting war in general and in Iraq in particular. The press corp even seemed to be missing. I guess they assumed there would be no news over long 4th of July weekend!
I kept hoping Michelle would come out to weed her garden but no such luck!

While roaming through the National Art Gallery enjoying the art and the air conditioning, I saw a couple of familiar faces...friends from our ward in Oregon! I couldn't believe that in the tens of thousands of tourists on the National Mall we just happened to run into Nora and Clay! Small world!
I'll never get tired of seeing the sites in our beautiful Capital City!


1 comment:

  1. I love the DC Temple. It looks like you had a great time visiting with Mary and seeing the sights.

    ReplyDelete