Monday, June 18, 2012

Mupa

I had been told that before we left Kenya we would each be given a tribal name.  I worried that I would be something like, "She who complains" or "Picky eater who refuses our goat stew".  When we had been in Taru a couple of days, Joseph, the Kenya Keys Director said to Rinda, "Your friends are quite fine.  Dr. Liz is very smart and Marilyn is most jovial."  So I started hoping that maybe my name would be "Jovial".  I was pleased when my Duruma name was "Mupa" which means, "Cheerful Giver."  I like that and will try to live up to it! 
 
After Joseph told me my name, he invited other Mupas from the audience to come and join me for a photo.  


Just as we were getting in the van on our very last day, this sweet young Mupa came for one last hug and picture.

From now on, I will really try to be Mupa - a Cheerful Giver! 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You are TOTALLY a cheerful giver -- it fits you perfectly. Being given a Duruma name is an incredible experience, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete