Saturday, September 15, 2012

Travel Bug

I have often tried to figure out why I love to travel so much.  Recently I read an article about traveling with our Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton.  I agree so much with what she says about travel.  Maybe this explains in part why I love it so much.

"I think where there has been more traveling, there is greater understanding.  There may not be agreement-we may still believe that the political system of another country is wrong or the way women are treated is not acceptable-but we get closer to seeing the world through somebody else's eyes, and I really believe that is an essential step not only for diplomats and other government officials but for business people and for American citizens, because it help us get perspective.  It's also reinforcing that, despite the differences, there are fundamental human similarities.  We cry over tragedies, we yearn for freedom, we want our dignity respected.  So I think travel is both broadening and opening." Hillary Rodham Clinton

The broadening of perspective and getting to know people from different cultures are definitely two of the reasons I love to travel.....I also will admit that I love the food and the shopping!!!!  I'd probably love it even more if I could fly on a plane like Hillary and have my own full size bed in my private bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment