Sunday, July 24, 2016

Texture - Photography #8

The fun challenge for today was to take pictures in bright light that show lots of texture!  Lucky for me the Portland weather cooperated and there was lots of sunshine.  The goal was to create a sense of touch even though you aren't touching anything but just looking at a photo.

In this one I tried the suggestion of filling the whole frame to make the texture seem to go on and on.  I like this one but I don't love it!  Although the beer can made me smile as I never noticed it was there until I looked at the photo after I go home!
I actually like this one better with the contrast of the rough bricks and the smooth metal on the light fixture and the fuzzy looking trees for a background..
But this one is my favorite from today. Rough bricks and bricks turned to be smooth! Bricks that stick out to create even more texture plus the smooth light fixture and the hint of blue sky and leaves.    I like all the contrasts and even the shadows. 
I'm learning a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment