Sunday, November 5, 2017

Double Hump Camels


No trip on the Silk Road would be complete without riding a Bactrian camel -  a two hump camel! 
These guys are seriously cute....the camels I mean!  I couldn't resist touching this fellow's cute head tuft! 

The camel in the back seemed to want to snap at me.   I am still not sure what he was doing but it doesn't look friendly. 
The orange boots were required to keep the very fine sand out of our shoes.
That stick through his nose looks so painful.  It guess it is like a bit in a horse's mouth.
There were over 1000 camels at this particular place.  Locals bring their camels every day to be a part of the tourist attraction. 
It was very fun and made me extremely glad NOT to be going for 1000's of miles on a camel.





No comments:

Post a Comment