Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Stockings Were Hung.....


The beautiful handmade stockings were hung by the chimney with care! 
When George and I got married my mother made these beautiful stockings for George and me. 
When Mary arrived she made another.  Unfortunately that one is in a box in Mary's basement in West Virginia so I don't have a photo of it but trust me it is a cute one! And when each of the boys joined our family another new stocking found its place on the mantel. 
I made a stocking for Grandma that I redid for daughter-in-law Monica. 
This year I made one for Isabella and gained a new appreciation for my mother and the time it took to deal with thousands of little pieces of felt and a million sequins! 

These stockings are most definitely treasured family heirlooms because of the memories of Christmas past and the dreams of future great times together.



No comments:

Post a Comment