Monday, June 4, 2018

Antsirabe Stars

Just before I went to Madagascar I read an article in our church magazine and was 
touched by the story of Rakotomalala and Razafindravaonasolo and their two-hour one-way bike ride to attend church meetings.  

When my cousin emailed me with the plans for the first week-end we were in Madagascar, I learned that we would be attending a District Conference in Antsirabe, the very city that was mentioned in the article.  Although Rakotomalala and Razafindravaonasolo now attend church in their own village, they would be traveling to Antsirable for the conference.
When we arrived I used my best detective skills and tried to find these two.  I had cut out the article from my magazine hoping to get their autographs!  I did find them!
Now both of them are returned missionaries.  He served in the Madagascar Mission while she served in the Congo.  They had no idea that they were famous the world over!  I did get their autographs and these cute photos!
The cutest thing was just as we were about to leave, Rakotomalala introduced me to his mother, who spoke no English at all.  I showed her the photo of her son and he explained that it was in magazines in America and all over the world.  She grabbed that paper right out of my hand and rushed over to show her friends.  A mom is mom no matter where she happens to live! 



No comments:

Post a Comment