Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Thankful for Thanksgiving!



Thankful that Scott surprised me and flew over for the weekend
Thankful for Matt and George for making that happen
Thankful that I have the beautiful china my Daddy brought back from occupied Japan and the silver that was my mothers.
Thankful that John, Monica and Isabella came over the celebrate with us
Thankful that we get to enjoy our adult children and our granddaughter
Thankful that all the food tasted wonderful.
Thankful that Isabella loves turkey and mashed potatoes.
Thankful that Monica is a wonderful mother to our precious, little granddaughter
Thankful that Johnny took over the job of baking rolls and had great success.  The torch is passed!
Thankful that Monica is adapting so well to our distinctive American traditions.
Thankful that George did the dishes!
Thankful for games of Uno and Apples to Apples. 
Thankful for all the 'stuff' I've collected over the years.
Thankful for all my 'stuff' that makes Thanksgiving even more fun!
Thankful for Matt's help in putting all of the 'stuff' away!
Thankful for jumping!
Thankful that even though Isabella started the day dressed adorably with a ribbon in her hair.  She ended it a wild jumping Tarzan!
Thankful that Mary and Mark have their cute little bundle of joy.  Because he is a foster baby we can't show his face so you'll just have to trust me that he has squeezable chubby little face and an adorable smile.
Thankful that Mary and Mark could celebrate Thanksgiving with Mark's wonderful family since they can't be here with us.
Thankful for Thanksgiving - a holiday that makes us pause to remember all our many blessings.


1 comment:

  1. I am grateful that you are so good at being grateful. These pictures remind me of when you were so kind to host me for Thanksgiving dinner. Isabella is definitely a Tarzan jumper. Maybe she will enjoy long jumping or high jumping in gym class once she is in school.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete