Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas Cookies - It's a Tradition

I've made Christmas cookies for as long as I can remember.  I loved having my little children 'help' me.  We shared our tradition with our neighbors in Spain, went through a time of 'surly' teenagers who only grudgingly helped, and now it is a firm Lewis Family tradition.

I was happy that Monica asked me to help her bake cookies to take to her friends.  Argentina must be a lot like Spain where a family would think nothing of cooking an elaborate meal with multiple courses, but would go to the bakery for dessert.
This was the first time she had ever baked and she was a natural!
Our little helper Isabella enjoyed the tradition too. 
When we were done we had 7 beautiful plates of cookies ready for Monica's closest friends to enjoy her new skill! 
They tasted as good as they looked.
Friday night after Scott was in Eagle, we continued the tradition with a family cookie decorating session.  I had to laugh when Matt said that a friend asked him to come over and he said, "No I can't.  We are having a family cookie decorating night."  He said his friend laughed but I am glad those boys decided to stay home and be with us.  They are master cookie decorators! 
Monica and John had fun too.  Monica has been hiding her artistic talents! 
Isabella was really into it too...looking at the photos you will soon know her very favorite part! I think we would designate her as our taste tester. 

 She loved the sprinkles or as she said, "wrinkles".  Every time she said, "More wrinkles please", it made me laugh!
Aren't Grandmas and Grandpas supposed to hype their grandkids up on sugar and then send them home to bed?  I think it is in the job description!





No comments:

Post a Comment