Monday, September 23, 2019

Isabella's First Primary Program

For years, I've watched my friends go to their grandchildren's Primary Programs.  This year it was finally my turn.  Primary is our church's program for children ages 3 - 11.  They meet together to sing and learn the gospel.  Primary music is simply wonderful.  I remember telling the children in our Ward in Spain that 'Everything you need to know about the gospel, you learn in primary songs.' It is true.

I Am  a Child of God
I'm trying to Be Like Jesus
Search, Ponder and Pray
I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
I Feel my Savior's Love
Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
I Will Follow God's Plan for Me
He Sent His Son
Jesus Once Was a Little Child
Jesus Has Risen
When He Comes Again
I Love to See the Temple
Families Can be Together Forever
Scripture Power Keeps me Safe from Sin
Seek the Lord Early 
Follow the Prophet
Keep the Commandments
Little Isabella did great! 
Isabella was hesitant to walk up to the front until her Daddy walked up with her.  She stayed sitting with the other children until the program was over.  She sang some of the songs but really shone on two of them.  The chorister had made yellow circles with face cut outs for the littlest children to hold around their faces when they sang, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam".  They were very enthusiastic and jumped in the air on the 2nd syllable of 'SunBEAM'.  So cute!  Their last song was, "Scripture Power" and on the chorus of "Scripture Power keeps me safe from sin.  Scripture Power is the power to win" the older children who had their scriptures held them up in the air.  Isabella wasn't happy just to hold her hand in the air.  She found a hymn book and lifted it proudly on each 'Scripture Power".   We also enjoyed her interpretative dancing to some of the songs!  And smiled when occasionally she seemed intent on helping the chorister as she waved her arm to lead music.
I am so happy she has parents who take her to church each week.  I love them!
Grandma and Grandpa are so happy that they were able to be there and look forward to many more years of Primary Programs! 





No comments:

Post a Comment