Wednesday, July 8, 2020

4th of July

I love the 4th of July!  It seems like such a relaxed and stress free holiday.  We had a super duper good one this year, this crazy COVID 19 year!  This photo made me laugh and seemed appropriate for 2020!!
At the Lewis home we started the evening off with barbecued chicken sandwiches and grilled veggies, cole slaw and potato salad.  Matt grilled the veggies and John topped off the corndogs for the kids with a short time on the grill.
After dinner, we had fun with horseshoes and bubbles!

Including some mega bubbles.... This combination of water and LOTS of Dawn worked pretty well but now we are on a quest to fine the perfect mega bubble recipe!
A 4th of July tradition for us is a hike up to a great viewing point to see the whole valley where normally we watch the community fireworks shows..  This year there were none but the fireworks stands were close to sold out so we did get to see quite a few off in the distance.  I love this photo I found of the valley, although I am sure it is done with time lapse photography.
Marilyn-Johnny-Monica-Isabella-Elsie-Matt-Anna
photo by George
photo by professional photographer Anna
That evening light is magical.  I can see why it is called the Golden Hour by photographers.
 These two little girls - 4 year old Isabella and 7 year old Elsie- are enjoying getting to know each other.
The moon was spectacular on our way back! The photo doesn't do it justice.
Back at home we feasted on strawberry shortcake featuring Anna's homemade shortbread!  It was fabulous!
Of course, the finale of the evening was fireworks!

Even with all her flaws, I love my country and I'm proud to be an American!  And I'm happy to celebrate our country's birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment