Sunday, July 19, 2020

Same old, same old....but a change is coming!

Life has been good over the last few weeks!  I've gotten to spend time with Isabella which is always a treat. Here she is celebrating successfully completing 4 puzzles! 
Monica, Isabella and I made a quick trip to the grocery store wearing masks of course as per the new requirement in our county.  She isn't bothered at all by the mask.  John and Monica have done a good job teaching her the importance of the mask.  Funny that I still said, "Smile!" before I took the picture.  Old habits die hard!  I love her cute pose with the cupcakes.
We were able to celebrate Anna's birthday at our house.  Here's a fun fact! She was born on 7/11 and Matt was born on 11/7!  
Unfortunately with the rapid rise in COVID-19 cases in Ada County, we have decided to temporarily suspend our Sunday dinner tradition.  It makes me sad but I think it is the right call since George and I are in the high risk group because of our age.  I still have to remind myself that we are senior citizens but the fact is WE ARE!

I'm working hard on the thousands of slides from the days before I started making photo albums.  I've thrown away all the blurry ones and many of the 'scenery only ones'.  I have them in chronological order and am going through them one last time before I figure out how to digitize them.  

I did find many treasures like this one of the first time baby Mary met her aunts Tammy and Karen.
And this one when she met my much loved Aunt Mary.  Yes Mary is named after her.
I finished my little cabinet and filled the cute bottles with the sand and shells I've collected from our travels around the world.  I love it!  I will never be a minimalist.  I just love my 'stuff' too much.  This week I was talking to my friend Sandi, who was my neighbor in Spain and is still my neighbor here in Eagle.  We shopped together a lot during our Spain years and could both open European pottery shops.  We agree that our pottery and other treasures give us JOY! 
Even though our county has gone back to Stage 3 on the Reopening Idaho plan, we were still able to have church today.  It was only 45 minutes and just like last time, all 'social distancing' protocols were observed.  But this time we all wore masks and we didn't sing!
I am sure that 45 minutes is the longest I've worn a mask at one time.  I think it is necessary but it sure is HOT!  I saw an ad for a company that is selling shirts and masks that match.  Maybe I'll have to buy a set!
Now for the change....for the first time in 43 years I am going to go to work.  Monica corrected me, by saying that I have worked for all these years, I just haven't gotten paid.  I guess that is right.  
Starting tomorrow, I will begin training for an 8 week job as a census enumerator.  I'm excited and a bit nervous too.  I have been so relaxed with my schedule during this pandemic, probably the most relaxed schedule I've had since I was a child enjoying carefree summers.  My days have been almost totally my own to organize for the last 3+ months.  It may be a shock to the system but I'm up for the challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment