Saturday, July 17, 2021

Messi Gets His International Trophy

I know that I am not unbiased in the whole GOAT debate.  Who is the greatest of all time?  Ronaldo or Messi? Pele or Maradona? I love FC Barcelona and I love Messi so I was understandably thrilled when Argentina won their first international trophy in this year's Copa America Tournament. Before this year, Messi and the Argentine National Team had reached 3 Copa America finals and one World Cup final, losing each time.  He does have an international Olympic gold medal and one from the Under-20 World Cup.

I was just thrilled for him.  His joy was visible for all to see. I think mine was too!  In the bottom photo he is calling his family just after the awards ceremony.  How I would have loved to see those little boys celebrate with their Dad!

By the way, this tournament also saw him take home awards for the Top Player and the Top Scorer.  Does this settle the Greatest of All Time debate?  At our house YES....for the rest of the world, probably not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment